Sunday, March 20, 2016

Hunting in packs

As the very name of my blog suggests, i usually am a solo motorcyclist. I enjoy my time alone on my bike, and don't do many group rides primarily because of some bad experiences i had with groups when i had just started riding. I rode away solo, and years have passed without me looking back, i have never joined any motorcycle club/group/gang or call it what you may.

But last Saturday, i met up with a few buddies from work to do a short (70km one way) breakfast ride to Jedcherla. 6 bullets and a KTM cruised the Bangalore highway with such finasse that it partially changed my opinon about riding in a group. The feel of 6 heavy machines, moving, rather than moving on the highway, with a rumble that caused a lot to stop and stare, was good fun! 

Group riding to me is all about bonding, and when priorities, interests and passions match, you have the basic ingredients for a good biker group. But it is very important to seek out actively, ones who match that outlook before rushing to join a group. Because having the same passion is more important than having the same brand of motorcycle.

I will still be mostly a solo rider, for i value my time with my bike alone on a highway over much else in life, but maybe the seeds are sown for developing a bond of the like of the oft written about brotherhood of bikers, maybe every once in a while, even a solo rider must hunt in a pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment